Let’s be candid, nutrition is one of the most difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members go through, but it’s also the most rewarding. Healthy eating in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and trends are constantly emerging.
Diets aren’t sustainable. Why? Because most diets focus on restricting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also unwise. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the correct way to function properly. Limiting vital nutrients is harmful to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research determined that only 1% of people who diet solo actually drop their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important pillar of our program. Since our very first 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same formula when it comes to nutrition—keeping it uncomplicated! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food consumption.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” in our food have significantly changed over the years. We educate our members on making healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to succeed.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program stand out?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important part of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to splurge every once in a while, it’s become normal in our society causing obesity to become an epidemic. Our members learn that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that fashion. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t keep a tally of calories! We don’t focus on calories because numerous foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a higher fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more substantial than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific method to figure out your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This helps you determine how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, enabling your body to stay in “burn mode” as opposed to “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to consume good fat as it provides needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get elsewhere.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food is released into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is eaten, our bodies go into “store mode” turning excess sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members consume smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to top off the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program flexible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members can celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you give your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly made up of water, so drinking the right amount of water is essential to our complete health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps relieve muscle aches. Our members strive to drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help fill you up faster, allowing you to keep portions in control.
So, you could spend loads of money on fad diets, certain meals that count points, tracking calories or removing every tasty food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the expense of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and discover how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat normal, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and gain confidence and energy.
Find a location to learn more about our comprehensive program and to sign up! You won’t believe how much you can transform in only 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread each day with the Farrell's program too!